Python library for Mode-S message decoding. Two separate methods are implemented to decode the following messages:
- Automatic Dependent Surveillance – Broadcast (ADS-B) (DF17)
- aircraft information that contains: ICAO address, position, altitude, velocity (ground speed), callsign, etc.
- Mode-S Enhanced Surveillance (EHS) (DF20 and DF21). Additional information in response to SSR interrogation, such as: true airspeed, indicated airspeed, mach number, wind, temperature, etc.
- BDS 2,0 Aircraft identification
- BDS 2,1 Aircraft and airline registration markings
- BDS 4,0 Selected vertical intention
- BDS 4,4 Meteorological routine air report
- BDS 5,0 Track and turn report
- BDS 5,3 Air-referenced state vector
- BDS 6,0 Heading and speed report
A detailed manual on Mode-S decoding is published by the author, at: http://adsb-decode-guide.readthedocs.io
Checkout and contribute to this open source project at: https://github.com/junzis/pyModeS